How to search on ebay?
In our previous article we discussed the eBay advantages of such a huge variety of goods. But if you need to find a particular product you see the another side of the coin. One and the same product may sell thousands of people on a completely different price, payment and delivery conditions. Having spent a lot of time you make a conclusion that it's impossible to find here the right thing. It's just only at first sight. The main thing is a well-organised search, which is the key to your successful eBay purchase.
Let's have a look how to organise your search on eBay with the comobuy free software for eBay.
If you are a registered eBay user, please install the comobuy buying tool and get started with a search by product name. Enter the name of product into the search query field in the upper part of the application window, but don't forget to use the specific search queries and try different spellings including plural form instead of singular.
If this search does not bring results, don't worry. The advanced search feature of comobuy will help you. Go on to the «Refine search criteria» panel in our comobuy application, allowing to search by specified price of the goods, seller ratings, categories, country of the item location and item shipping, auction end time and much more. Fill in all the suggested search fields to narrow your search and make the selection process easy and quick.
Advanced search criteria:
- Query — search by item title or by item number.
- Title and description — the item title and description. By default, the system searches only in the titles. You can check mark to Search in Description — for keyword search in the item description.
- Site – you can choose the regional eBay marketplace for search.
- Sort by — choose the order of found items displaying: by auction (Time), price (Price), distance (Distance) or eBay will determine for you the best offers at the moment (Best match).
- Category – selection of categories and options by which the search will take place.
- Buying formats — on eBay you can purchase the item at a fixed price (Buy It Now), in the auction format (Auction), Buy It Now + Auction — the auction with the opportunity to buy at a fixed price without waiting till the auction end, but only upon the seller's approval of the purchase price and other parameters and Best Offer — to buy such items you have to contact the seller with your price offer. In comobuy you can limit your search to "auctions only", "fixed price only" or see all items.
- Min. and Max. Price — search the items within definite price range for example from $0 to $100).
- Filter by Sellers — all the found items can be filtered by chosen seller.
- Favourite sellers — you can create your favorite sellers list by adding the sellers you like, purchased from or have heard about and then filter the items by sellers from your favourite list. Besides here you can enter the name of any seller and search by his items.
Then in the extended search options window the following options are suggested to choose:
- Located in — here you can indicate the country you need the item to be located in.
- Available to — the possibility of delivery to required country. You can select only one value and the required country from the list. For quick country search in the list its enough to type the first letters.
- Condition – the item condition: new, used etc.
- Max distance — the nearby products. Here you can specify the distance in miles, the calculation is carried out on a specified code (miles of Zip or Postal Code).
- Min quantity — the minimum number of product quantity in the item.
- Listings (Time limit) — the auction end time (End time from/End time to).
- Bids limit — a number of placed bids, from — to.
- Shipping options — the shipping can be urgent - Get It Fast, free - Free shipping, Local pickup — the opportunity to pick up your goods from the local store — No shipping, Returns accepted – the opportunity to return the item, but be sure to read the conditions in the item description about how many days are given for the return of the goods and who pays for the return delivery).
- Top-rated seller — the top-rated sellers on eBay.
That's it. You see, in this way you can organise the eBay search to be intuitive and efficient. More over having organised it once, just save it in comobuy and use for further searches without wasting your time. Start to search with comobuy and we will tell you how to buy on ebay in our next article.